Company History
1946 Mid Continent Spring was founded by Louis B. Langhi in St. Louis, Missouri. The product base was a full range of mechanical springs and stampings serving a wide range of markets.
 
1957 A second plant was established in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Plant operations were opened with a 35,000 ft2 manufacturing facility.
 
1972 Added 20,000 ft2 to Hopkinsville facility to accommodate growth.
 
1976 Don Langhi, Lou's nephew, purchased the company.
 

1978

Operations were consolidated in the Hopkinsville, Kentucky plant. With this consolidation, the primary focus of the company was to be a premier manufacturer of precision compression ground-end, torsion and extension springs.
 
1984 Mid Continent Spring received the Q1 Preferred Quality Award from Ford Motor Company.
 
1989 Mid Continent Spring received the Targets for Excellence Award from General Motors.
 
1993 Mid Continent Spring added 90,000 ft2 to the Hopkinsville operations. The expansion allowed the utilization of both synchronous and cellular manufacturing principles.
 
1997 Mid Continent Spring became QS 9000 / ISO 9001 registered.
 
2003 Mid Continent Spring received certification to ISO 14001.
 
2005 Mid Continent Spring received certification to ISO/TS 16949:2002.
 
 

 

 

Designed by TroyServe :: 2008 Mid Continent Spring